Thursday, August 28, 2008

Almost the weekend.

About ten days ago when we had the first day of school, I thought the kids were cute. They continued to be adorable until today, when just about every student in the entire school was misbehaving. I don't know if there was a full moon, or they all took crazy pills last night that were still in effect all day - but it was insane. I had one student (female) scratch another student (male) on the arm and made him cry. Yesterday, the same female student pinched the poor boy right under the eye and made him cry. She has become the bully in Kindergarten. She doesn't particularly enjoy listening, and I turned around from the Alphabet Corner the other morning and she was standing on the table - I had my aide deal with her, which is all well and good, until she's on her break and I'm taking 18 monsters to the bathroom, hahaha. But, it's only the beginning, and they'll learn how to properly behave in the classroom. The mentor is here for the new teachers, so she has been meeting with my roommates and me to find out how she can help us achieve our goals. I am hoping she can set me up with a reading program that will be very helpful in getting the students to recognize and remember the letters of the alphabet. We'll see what happens. Tonight I think we are going to get together and watch the presidential debate. Tomorrow we have a meeting for the new social studies curriculum - so I don't have to be completely with it, meaning I can stay up late and work on stuff for my classroom. I hope to catch up on sleep tonight because I am pretty exhausted.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Sabrina, Make sure you get your rest! I can tell you from personal experience that student misbehavior always seems worse when you're tired and it always affects a teachers' judgement!
Joyce