Thursday, December 2, 2010

40 mph winds.

Tonight I came back to Kipnuk on a somewhat windy flight. It was an intense landing, but a safe one, so I'm back in my apartment safe and sound listening to the wind and watching the snow fall outside my window.

When I was waiting at the airport, there was an adorable yellow lab laying on the floor next to its owner. She told me she was bringing the dog to Anchorage to see the vet because he was in a dog fight. One of his legs was wrapped in a dish towel, but I guess it's serious enough that he needs to be seen by a vet. A small child went up to the dog and started to pet it. This dog was very docile, lucky for the little girl, because she marched right up to the dog. Mom was right there watching her, but didn't think it was a problem for her baby to get all up in the face of a random dog. I took a picture of the girl as she was petting the dog because it was adorable. Thankfully the dog liked the attention and was extremely friendly.

No comments: