A few of my favorite students.
I might rethink letting kids wear their costumes to school in the future. On a regular day, there are a few boys who travel in three ways; running at full speed, hopping on one foot, or galloping with their hands and feet like an animal. With costumes on, they are immediately in character, and tough to get out of it - even after I tell them to take their masks/hats/witch noses off. So the Power Ranger, Iron Man (complete with the light that turns on in the middle of his chest), and Ninja bursted into character in the middle of our reading groups. I reminded them that even Iron Man had to listen in school to become smart so he could do the kinds of things he does as a grown up.
The Halloween Carnival was this afternoon and Voni and I manned the "Milk Jug Toss." I restacked the silver milk jugs and Voni gave prizes when they were won. Our line never let up for the two hours we were there, and the kids had a blast. It was great to see the little ones light up when they knocked over a few of the bottles. Anyone 3rd Grade and up had to knock down all six bottles in order to get a prize, but the younger kids got one if they knocked any of them down.
The Costume Contest went to the Tin Man and Dorothy. The Tin Man is one of my students, and his little sister was dressed up as Dorothy. It was adorable! Voni and I had a hand in who won the contest at the end of the Carnival, so they won first prize, and second prize went to a student I taught my first year here (Voni is his teacher now) and his four sisters who were all dressed up as different Power Rangers. The kids had a great time, and we've got more ideas for future Carnivals in the Spring.
Enjoy the pictures of the kiddos!
No comments:
Post a Comment