It's been pretty foggy the past few weeks, but it seems to come in the morning, and then clear up in the afternoon. The warm weather we had is now gone, and it's about -35 or so around these parts. Voni and I were walking around the village a few days ago and ran across some kids, so I took a few pictures of my current, former, and future students. The first grade teacher gave us some great Caribou - there's pictures of her cutting up the beast, and a couple pictures of her granddaughter.
The new housing is coming along, and they are not saying they will be finished next September, so who knows when we will be moving in. Apparently as soon as one apartment is livable, they are going to move someone from our triplex over, because the preschool needs to be moved from their current building because it isn't up to code. Whoever is first to move over there won't be sleeping very much - the construction guys keep working until midnight! The inside of the new apartments are looking good - it's smaller than what we are living in now, which is not so good, but we'll get used to it.
My students are doing great, the reading program is allowing them to soar - just in time for Read Across America day on March 2nd. I invited parents to come up about 20 minutes before lunch so their child can read to them. I think it will go well, and I hope the parents will be pleased as to how their children are reading!!

No comments:
Post a Comment