Our front porch the morning after the blizzard. Everything looks red from the flash...
Agnes reading a story to some of the kids this Thursday. We only had ten kids - we're thinking their parents were the only ones who could dig themselves out of their house! I have started having the kids listen to a story on tape at the end of the day. They like it a lot because of the music that goes along with it I'm thinking.
Around 5am this morning I was woken up by the wind and the snow being whipped at my windows. There was also the sound of banging metal which, come to find out, was pieces of the new roof banging against the wall outside of my room. They were stuck between the snow mound and the house!
I decided not to get up until around 7, in case school was canceled. Sure enough, we got a call from the principal saying we wouldn't have kids today, but the teachers had to come in at 10 so that we can count today as a work day and not need to make it up on another Saturday. We've had some meetings, and an inservice on the VTC from Bethel about the new math curriculum. Stimulating topics for a snow day. We will be done at 4, and that will be the start of our weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment