Yesterday, Wednesday, at about 3am I was woken up by 85mph winds, and ice being whipped at my window. I thought maybe...maybe school will be closed, but I didn't set my heart on it - seeing as it didn't happen at all last year. I got the call at 7am (before I started to get ready for the day) that school was canceled. I was very excited! My roommates, who had already been at school for a couple house, came home a few hours later. I had a nice relaxing morning, and enjoyed every minute of not needing to leave my warm bed!
Last week, we had a half day of school because the weather went down, very fast around 10am. We decided to switch to a Friday schedule, which meant the students would go home after lunch. The teachers had to stay for the rest of the day, until 4:30. This was the day my roommate and I were supposed to leave for our long weekend in Anchorage - which we didn't get to. That trip will be rescheduled in a couple weeks.
I am attaching some pictures from the last couple weeks. We had some snow come through our back door onto our living room floor. There is one picture of Voni in the 85mph wind (it reminded us of the weather girl who is broadcasting from the center of a storm). I am all suited up, goggles and all, with my backpack on because we were prepared to go to Anchorage that evening. Luckily, I was ready to face the nasty weather!

1 comment:
Hi Sabrina -
Sounds like quite a snow storm !
Hope all is well.
Peter
Post a Comment