Well, this afternoon my roommates, Liane and Voni, Mark, and I went for a walk on the Tundra. It's Friday and it's a fun activity to do. We went about a mile and a half out there, and thought about turning around - but not before Liane and I sank in some mud. It wasn't too bad at first - but then Voni and Mark started laughing, which made Liane and I laugh even harder. Well, Liane ended up coming out of one of her boots and scurrying to safety on the grassy part, while I was stuck up to my thighs. (I made that sound like it was a five minute process - it wasn't. We were there for about an hour or so trying to get unstuck) I kept trying to get out which made me sink even more. Finally, I got out but it wasn't easy. I was out of both of my boots, and standing ankle-deep in muck while we all took turns trying to get my boots out of the muck - which were about a foot and a half down, or maybe more I have no idea. We got them both out and we all took the walk back to the village.
We made it to the boardwalk section, and then we started to see people, which was the fun part. It's supposedly a good thing to be seen out and about because it shows we're interested in what's going on in the village, etc. We passed by the school and the playdeck - which is always filled with kids playing ball and hanging out - and they all stopped and stared asking what happened, why we were all muddy and all that. I amused myself by chasing a few of the younger kids that are in Kindergarten and 2nd grade who were giggling behind us as we walked. As soon as I turned around and put my hands up like I was going to touch them/tickle them, they ran off giggling - it was great. They are such adorable kids.
We made it home, and Liane got the shower first. Voni actually wasn't too muddy at all, which is pretty awesome because the rest of us were covered and the mud soaked through our clothe. All our clothes are going through a double rinse in the wash and we are all showered and the tub has been cleaned of the mud that collected when we showered. It was ridiculous, but a great story! It was a lot of fun too.
Number one rule learned today - Never go out in the Tundra alone!
Enjoy the pictures of the beautiful scenery. More to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment