Monday, September 8, 2008
Mammoth Tusk.
Dall Lake is about two hours away from Kipnuk, and that's where many Mammoth tusks have been found. A couple weeks ago a guy found a five foot tusk, along with a jaw with a few teeth in it. They find them by raking the mud - the high winds here blow the tusks around, and when they are raking for a certain type of clam, the guys come across Mammoth tusks. When I first heard they find those, along with ivory, randomly after rainstorms it didn't sink in about the Mammoths! I thought that was ridiculous, but very, very awesome. The guy that found the tusk a few weeks ago is looking to sell it - but I'm not sure I want to drop a paycheck on a Mammoth tusk, although...it'd be pretty sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It would be pretty funny if you had to fly home with a mammoth tusk on your lap.
Post a Comment