New housing, new students, new adventures. We've got a great view from the windows of our new apartment, which you can see by the sunset pictures I've posted below. They still sway with the winds, but they're not drafty like the old housing which is awesome. Electric stove, controllable temperature, and paper-thin walls. At least we've got furniture now; took about two weeks to get everything. Sleeping on the floor got old after the first night, but after a few days the couch came so Voni and I slept on the couch cushions in place of beds in our bedrooms (I took the cushions from the empty apartment across the hall). But now we're all settled, unpacked, and ready for the long weekend ahead of us.
My students are great so far, all 21 of them. I have a SMARTBoard permanently affixed to my wall now, so no more cords for the little ones to trip over! It's been a blast using so far, and I'm excited to put more lessons together, and borrow more from the internet to use with my kids. Enjoy the pictures of the new crop of Kindergartners! Voni is now teaching the first class that I taught two years ago - I can't believe they're in second grade!
Agutak from Agnes.
The boy in the back was cold, even though it's ridiculously warm in the classroom, which is why he's wearing his jacket.
My reading group.
More Yup'ik time.
Waxy sticks. Best center activity ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment