The reading program we've started using this year is going very well so far. I don't have any pictures to go with this blog, but I hope to get some this week and post them for the full effect.
Learning to say the sound of "th" (as in this/that) for my kids has been a challenge, because as a few of my students put it; "I got no these kind." They're referring to their teeth, haha. I have the students in rows for reading, and the four kids in my front row all lifted up their top lip to show, and to tell me, that they can't say that sound because they "got no these kind!" I told them that even though they don't have any teeth, I still want them to try to make the sound. Some of them got it, but some of the others were too embarrassed because they didn't have any top teeth.
Until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment