
Flying from Kipnuk to Bethel, we stopped in Chefornak to pick up a few passengers. Their runway was very icy, and this plane landed as we were leaving Chefornak to continue on to Bethel. Our plane, and this plane were slipping a little on the runway as we were trying to get past each other. This picture doesn't show just how close this plane was to us. But there were no issues and we lifted off into the air and made it to Bethel soon after.

This is a picture of my nose after I iced it for a bit. During the Thanksgiving break there was a basketball tournament called the Turkey Shootout. I had a run-in with a basketball, and this is what happened. It was my first bloody nose, but I didn't freak out - just ran off the court covering my nose. It didn't break, thank goodness, it was just bruised. It's still a little sore to the touch, but it's getting better every day. It's not crooked, which is what I was worried about. The best part was, a few hours after this happened I was back on the court playing. It's all in the name of the game I guess!!

I wish this hadn't come out fuzzy! The boy posing in the background is one of my favorite students, and might be my favorite. He likes to show how Spiderman, Iron Man, and all those characters move. The DVD rental store is in his house so he gets all the new movies first. I was shocked to hear there was a video store to rent from too. I have never been to it, and I wonder how much they charge for a rental! It'd be interested to go their on a Friday night to get supplies for a movie night. Head to the video store, then to the green store to buy some overpriced popcorn, candy, and soda, hahaha!
A clearer picture of my kids. This week I have had between 10 and 13 kids. I usually have 16, but the rest of them are sick. It's actually working out very well, the students who are out sick are the ones that cause issues. This group is getting a lot of learning done this week!
I have more pictures to post of the scenery, and will get to that tomorrow. It takes a very long time for pictures to load for some reason - so I have to do it in shifts! Everything else is going great here. I'm counting down the days until I head back to NY (10 more sleeps) and the weather is going from "warm" at 25 degrees, to cold at -30. It was like a spring day last Friday, except without the birds chirping. It's funny the things that are missing out here. Crickets at night, birds at dawn - it makes me miss having the changing of the seasons, and animals that make the scenery and the experience of them more interesting and beautiful - somehow, barking dogs don't have the same appeal as a bird's song. : )
1 comment:
Hey Sabrina. I didn't realize you were a basketballer. I played in high school (if you consider sitting the bench watching my team playing haha). We could have had a showdown a long time ago if I knew!
...Sorry about the nose! It makes you look tough though.
Post a Comment