Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Windy.
Throughout the night I heard loud gusts of wind, which have yet to stop. It sounds like the wind is going a million miles an hour out there. In our apartment (the triplex of teacher housing) the walls shake from the wind and there were a few times last night where I thought we would be taken away. The wind is just going to get worse. A parent this morning told me that sometimes when there is flooding it's really bad because houses can be torn apart. This is only the beginning of the bad weather, but I'm hopeful I will be able to survive with my winter gear. I might still invest in a face/neck mask to protect me even more from the wind. More later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi - Sabrina. Just started to glance through your blog. This place does not look or sound much like NYC so I have to study it more to understand how people exist in these types of circumstances.
Happy Halloween - let me guess - you will be dressing up as a moose ? Sara Palin ? a seal ? or just a walrus.
Cheers
Is your apartment pretty warm?
What do you heat with?
Do you have to pay for your utilities or does the school?
Burrrr!
Post a Comment